Dignity Health Cancer Institute - St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ seeks to hire a full-time, board certified/board eligible Hematologist/Medical Oncologist to provide general Hematology and Medical Oncology services at Dignity Health - Cancer Institute at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center (SJHMC).
The successful candidate will:
- Have or be eligible for an Arizona State Medical License;
- Board Certification in Medical Oncology and Hematology (or board eligible for new graduates);
- Have the ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital/surgical privileges;
- Be passionate about providing clinically excellent, evidence-based care;
- Willing to abide by and promote the values of CommonSpirit Health
We are offering a competitive salary and generous benefits package that includes premium-free insurance options, a matched 403b, employer-funded pension plan, relocation allowance for eligible physicians, CME benefit, and malpractice insurance.
We are incredibly proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care, medical education, and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute, Dignity Health Cancer Institute, Ivy Brain Tumor Center, and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro-rehabilitation, orthopedics, and other medical services. St. Joseph's is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day, approximately 20 percent of the hospital's patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph's.
U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. Also, St. Joseph's boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph's and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children's Hospital.
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center has consistently been named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizona's healthiest employers. Grow your career with one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies.
Like its legendary namesake rising out of the ashes, the greater Phoenix area has emerged as one of the bright metropolitan areas of the 21st century. The Phoenix area encompasses more than 20 incorporated cities, including Glendale, Scottsdale, Tempe and Mesa, and all serve as a timeless Southwestern backdrop to the spirit of Puebloans, cowboys, miners and visionaries. Recently, the Census Bureau named Arizonas Maricopa County, which includes the greater Phoenix metro area, the county with the nations highest annual population growth. Home to more than 6 million residents where everyone has a sunny disposition, the Phoenix area also ranks as the fifth-largest city in the United States. Phoenix is a premier destination offering the best of both worlds: a growing and diverse economy and a great place to live with more than 300 sun-filled days a year and an almost endless supply of attractions including:
- 189 city parks, 33,000 acres of desert preserves and 200 miles of trails
- Host to MLB Spring Training and the annual Fiesta Bowl!
- Home of the Phoenix Open and 200 golf courses
- Professional sports teams including the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Arizona Cardinals.
- Host to 5 Fortune 500 company headquarters
- The Best Mexican Food North of the Border!
- Affordable housing and cost of living
- A family-friendly area, with the Childrens Museum of Phoenix, ample youth sports and athletic leagues, the Challenger Space Center Arizona, a wide variety of school options, including public, private, magnet and charter, the Phoenix Zoo, large water parks, SEA LIFE Arizona, and many more!
The Phoenix area is also a destination for people from all over the world to receive outstanding healthcare. This is particularly true of Dignity Healths St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center - home to the world-renown Barrow Neurological Institute and The Norton Thoracic Institute - #1 lung transplant program in the U.S. - as well as many other world-class healthcare services and teaching programs.
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
The posted compensation range is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.