Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Gynecology Oncology team! This position is a unique opportunity to join a state-of-the-art facility with a warm, family feeling.
** SIGN-ON BONUS & RELO ELIGIBLE FOR NEW-HIRE RN'S! **
The St Luke's Cancer Institute (SLCI) outpatient clinics are dynamic full-service treatment centers offering chemo/bio/surgical options and radiation therapy. The SLCI Gynecology Oncology Primary RN is the keystone to the complex, high-quality, compassionate care we provide to the communities we serve. This candidate will be joining a dynamic, passionate team, specializing in women's oncology care.
The RN offers medical guidance and education while providing care as an interprofessional team. The RN is responsible for evaluating patients and assisting the physician with patient care, chemotherapy management, procedures, and surgical care coordination. In addition, the RN will work closely with providers, navigators, pharmacists, patient financial advocates, and other disciplines to provide excellent care.
This position is for a full-time 0.9 FTE; 4 x 9-hour shifts a week. No nights. No weekends. No holidays. This role is a primary RN for an experienced Gynecologic Oncologist, with some intermittent days on triage and the ability to cross train into other areas to expand your skillset as you would like. This role is great for someone that likes variety in your workweek because your days alternate with some days working alongside the doctor in the clinic, some with triage or other areas in the clinic.
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions
- Manages care of patients
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Nursing Degree
- One (1) + years' RN experience
- Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
- Oncology, Gynecology, and/or Surgical experience
**Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with One (1) + years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "STAR Nurse Residency" on our careers portal to be considered for current openings.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.