Do you want to make a difference in people's lives ?
We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it's part ofthe reason we've been named one of the top ten hospitals in America's Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Now we invite you to join us. From working with a team of exceptional healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything you need to do something incredible--for yourself, and for others.
Do you work well in a large team environment where critical thinking is essential?
The per diem Outpatient Pharmacist is responsible for the daily organization and supervision of medication management activities in their areas, including but not limited to provision of clinical and drug distribution services and other duties as assigned.
Management of discharge prescriptions to ensure safe, timely distribution to patients. Supervision of technicians, ensuring compliance with controlled substances accountability.
Ensuring medication safety principles integrated into each step of the the outpatient pharmacy medication use process.
Staffing include rotating shifts and weekend staff depending on patient care and departmental needs.
* Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology as related to drug usage
* Comprehensive knowledge of common disease states and pathologies
* Ability to evaluate drug therapy prescribed based on patient-specific diseases and conditions
* Ability to assess and apply current pharmacological and biopharmaceutical principles in evaluation of prescriptions
* Possesses knowledge of outpatient drug therapies as well as new drugs as they become available.
* Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or other sources and relate it to the patient's medication regimen
* Possesses the verbal and written communication skills required to fulfill the pharmacist's responsibilities.
* Ability to counsel patients on medication therapy
* Ability to teach and serve as a preceptor for training programs
* Ability to prepare drugs needed for immediate administration
* Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards relative to pharmacy practice including controlled medication accountability requirements
* Ability to prioritize work flow and effectively supervise technicians
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research... and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.