Northside Hospital’s Pharmacy Residency Program seeks to develop competent and confident practitioners of pharmaceutical care. Pharmacists and residents practice via a Pharmaceutical Care model: "direct, responsible provision of medication-related care for the purpose of achieving definite outcomes that improve a patient’s quality of life". Completion of the pro-gram will prepare residents to practice in a variety of patient-care environments and equip them to meet the challenges of cur-rent and future pharmacy practice. They will be accountable for achieving optimal drug therapy outcomes as members of the Northside Hospital health care team. Residents will exercise skill in educating other health care professionals, patients, and the community on drug-related topics. They will demonstrate professional ma-turity through developing and following a personal philosophy of practice, monitor-ing their own performance, and exhibiting commitment to their profession. The PGY1 Program is ASHP accredited.
PGY-1 Required Rotations:
Surgery / Post-Operative Care
About Northside Hospital
Northside is so much more than just a hospital.
It’s an extensive network of state-of-the-art facilities staffed with skilled, caring professionals who are dedicated to the health and wellness of the communities they serve.
Specifically, the Northside Hospital system includes:
• Three not-for-profit hospitals, located in Atlanta, Forsyth and Cherokee, with over 1,000 licensed beds
• Northside Hospital-affiliated outpatient centers and medical office buildings throughout North Metro Atlanta
• Nearly 2,900 physicians* on staff and more than 15,000 employees
• Northside has 3 million patient encounters annually
• All Northside hospitals are full-service, acute-care facilities that offer particular expertise in Maternity Services, Women’s Health, Cancer Care, Surgery and Radiology