At Stony Brook Medicine, a Pharmacy Assistant is a valuable member of our team, who provides clinical services to our patient population. Under the general supervision of a Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician prepares medications for dispensing pursuant to a Pharmacist reviewed medication order or computer-generated list.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior communication and organization skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a TH Pharmacy Assistant may include but are not limited to the following:
· Batch-manufacturing of parenteral solutions under the supervision of a Pharmacist, using aseptic technique.
· Repackaging of medications under the supervision of a Pharmacist.
· Preparing new medication orders for first doses.
· Maintaining appropriate levels of inventory in the work area.
· Maintaining proper medication storage.
· Delivery of medications and I.V. solutions to patient care areas.
· Completion of patient care unit inspections.
· Restocking of automated dispensing cabinets.
Current Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification.
Preferred Qualifications : A minimum one year of hospital pharmacy technician experience. Associate Degree or equivalent preferred.
Special Notes: This position will remain open until filled, candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
This function/position has been designated as
Internal Number: 1801730
About Stony Brook University
FROM ITS BEGINNINGS A HALF-CENTURY AGO, STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY HAS BEEN CHARACTERIZED by innovation, energy and progress, transforming the lives of people who earn degrees, work and make groundbreaking discoveries here. A dramatic trajectory of growth has turned what was once a small teacher preparation college into an internationally recognized research institution that is changing the world.