The UI College of Pharmacy boasts the longest continually-accredited PGY1 Community-based Pharmacy Residency Program. This program has six unique practice sites and candidates can select sites that best fit their interests. The goal of The University of Iowa College of Pharmacy PGY1 Community-based Pharmacy Residency is to develop necessary skills within the resident pharmacist to: 1) apply advanced practice skills to provide patient care in the community; 2) develop, implement, sustain or enhance pharmacist-provided patient care services; 3) appreciate, participate in, and develop leadership strategies to facilitate the process of practice and professional improvement through education and mentorship.
Components of the residency include:
Provision of Patient Care: MTM, immunizations, health and wellness, disease state education and management, transitions of care, and many other site specific services
About University of Iowa College of Pharmacy PGY1 Community-based Pharmacy Residency
About the University of Iowa College of Pharmacy
Our Mission: The University of Iowa College of Pharmacy will excel in educating the next generation of leaders in pharmacy practice and pharmaceutical sciences.
To accomplish our mission, we are committed to:
• Continuously enhancing our caring, compassionate and collaborative culture where students are the focus.
• Creating and disseminating knowledge through discovery, development and translation into practice of new advances in pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences and the provision of service.
• Developing leaders in pharmacy to address the medication and health needs of the citizens of Iowa and beyond.
• Attracting and retaining the highest quality students, faculty and staff.
• Strategically establishing partnerships and alliances to advance our mission.
Our Vision: We are driven to be a preeminent college of pharmacy in the world. Our world begins in Iowa.