PGY1 Program Purpose: PGY1 pharmacy residency programs build on Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
The mission of the Slidell Memorial Hospital (SMH) PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program is to provide residents with individualized experiences to gain the knowledge and skills essential to succeed as practicing clinicians in an ever-evolving multidisciplinary setting.
Rotations * Required - Critical Care (8 weeks) - Infectious Diseases (6 weeks) - Internal Medicine (6 weeks) - Orientation (4 weeks) - Transitions of Care (6 weeks) * Electives (6 weeks x 3 Rotations) - Emergency Medicine - Oncology - Pharmacy Informatics - Repeat of a required rotation
Benefits - Competitive Salary - Paid Travel to Conferences - Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision - Paid Time Off (PTO)
*** This residency site agrees that no person at this site will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any residency applicant. ***
Education - Candidate for graduation or graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited college/school of pharmacy - Must be a licensed pharmacist in the State of Louisiana by August 31 with all licensure testing completed by July 1
PhORCAS - Application - CV - Letter of Intent - 3 Letters of Recommendation (One from a Clinical Pharmacy Preceptor) - Official School Transcripts
On-Site Interview - Presentation
About Slidell Memorial Hospital
** Slidell Memorial Hospital’s Mission, Vision, & Values
- Mission: To Improve the Quality of Life in Our Community
- Vision: To Become Nationally Recognized for Superior Quality
- Values: Positive Attitude, Compassion, Professionalism, Knowledge/Competency
** About Slidell Memorial Hospital
- As a 223-bed acute care community hospital located in the heart of Slidell, LA., we provide access to the latest treatments and technology and expert physicians:
• In 2013, we expanded our Emergency Room and Cardiac Care to meet the needs of St. Tammany's growing population. This expansion brought 29 new emergency beds and 38 specialized cardiac rooms.
• Our Regional Cancer Center, the only facility of its kind in East St. Tammany, is designed to diagnose, treat and rehabilitate our patients in one convenient, state-of-the-art facility. SMH is one of the only hospitals on the Northshore with the Varian High Dose Brachytherapy radiation system, 4D CT Treatment Planning simulator, and a new Multidisciplinary Clinic that offers a head and neck cancer surgical specialist.
• Our cardiac care units offer the most advanced technology available, including the Arctic Sun therapeutic hypoth...ermia system that can prevent irreversible brain damage.
• Our orthopedic specialists are among only a handful in the region to offer anterior hip replacement surgery using a new state-of-the-art hanaTMHip and Knee Arthroplasty Table, one of just 100 in use across the country.
• Our Outpatient Rehabilitation therapists are certified in LSVT-BIG treatment, a new technique that treats patients with Parkinson's disease or other neurological disorders.
• In 2016, SMH partnered with Ochsner Health System in an effort to continue to provide high-quality services, increased access to care at lower costs for the Slidell community and its surrounding areas.
** About the Camellia City
- Slidell, Louisiana was founded in 1882. It is located about 30 miles north of New Orleans, Louisiana and a one hour drive away from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. The City of Slidell has a population of approximately 27,600 residents. Slidell has a subtropical climate with mild winters and hot/humid summers. With Slidell's mild climate, you can enjoy the outdoors year round. Slidell offers a small town atmosphere with big city conveniences being minutes from the beaches and casinos of the Mississippi Gulf Coast and excitement of New Orleans.