If you are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, join the team of Dignity Health Rehabilitation Hospital. This newly constructed hospital will serve patients recovering from strokes, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries, and other conditions. The 50-bed hospital will be a joint venture partnership between Dignity and Kindred Healthcare.
The PRN Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) is responsible for directing, modifying and administering occupational therapy modalities of treatment as supervised by the Occupational Therapist. Administers treatments and physical agents as directed by the Occupational Therapist, after the Occupational Therapist has evaluated the patient. The PRN COTA assists with restoration of patient functioning to prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability.
· Responsible for providing treatment as directed by the Occupational Therapist. Adheres to standards of occupational medicine practice.
· Ability to observe and evaluate treatment effect, discusses observations with Occupational Therapist.
· Ability to perform components of an appropriate assessment on all patients as related to the therapy requested and provided and reassessments as per policy. This includes geriatric patients and the general patient population.
· Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation and makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
· Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
· Assists with formulation of a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and assesses effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate, Occupational Therapist is apprised of conclusions.
· Demonstrates knowledge of occupational therapy modalities.
· Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
· Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Maintains department cleanliness and safety.
· Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
· Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, hospital staff and members of the department.
· Coordinates and assists with directing patient care to ensure patientâ€™s needs are met and hospital policy is followed.
· Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
· Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
· Consults other departments as appropriate to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
· Documentation meets current standards and policies.
· Assists in ordering supplies, maintains adequate PAR levels to assure all supplies and equipment is readily available.
· Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training and organizational safety and fire safety programs.
· Other duties as assigned.
· AA degree from a school or college approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
· Holds current certificate/license as Occupational Therapy Assistant.
· Current BCLS certification.
· Ability to read and communicate effectively in English and additional languages preferred.
· Strong written and verbal skills.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· Basic knowledge of physical medicine, occupational therapy modalities, anatomy and physiology.
· Basic knowledge of physical therapy machine operation, maintenance and repairs of same.
Position has a two year minimum experience as a licensed/certified occupational therapist required.
Job : Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant Primary Location : AZ-Chandler-CHC PR & MSA-DIGNITY-KINDRED REHAB HOSP EAST VALLEY LLC Organization : 3199 - CHC PR & MSA-DIGNITY-KINDRED REHAB HOSP EAST VALLEY LLC