PAYROLL/AP COORDINATOR for Quail Run Behavioral Health Hospital
Universal Health Services, Inc.
May 15, 2018
QUAIL RUN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
The Payroll/Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for the accurate processing of all payroll functions and accounts payable functions for the facility. This position may also provide support to Human Resources functions.
1. Work closely with the Human Resources Department to ensure the accurate processing and entry of all payroll-related required information. This includes, but not limited to, the following:
a. Payroll information for all new hires, ensuring the appropriate approval signatures are on all forms.
b. All employee health and welfare benefit elections and 401(K) enrollments, appropriate tax and other deductions, ensuring the accurate eligibility of employees.
c. All status changes for current employees, audit benefits eligibility based on status change, and stop benefit elections as appropriate.
2. Process bi-weekly payroll in an accurate and timely fashion:
a. Ensure that supervisors receive Kronos reports and approve their staff hours.
b. Enter payroll adjustment only when approved by employee and the supervisor.
c. Review Kronos department hours for appropriateness.
d. Maintain accurate records of all holiday, vacation and sick time (PTOs) to determine if time off has been earned.
d. Verify payroll reports prior to the run of the bi-weekly payroll run.
e. Print bi-weekly payroll checks and audit for accuracy prior to distribution.
e. Prepare all payroll tax deposits each month.
g. Respond quickly to all payroll-related problems.
h. Issue manual payroll checks when necessary.
3. Process employee terminations in the payroll system and ensure that all due wages, including PTO balance, are paid timely.
4. Ensure accuracy of overall maintenance of the facility payroll master file, and each employee's master file.
6. Maintain a current awareness of how payroll processing changes and accounts payable processing effects overall facility plans.
7. Maintain accounts payable system to ensure that all vendors are paid in accordance with the terms stated on invoices.
8. Ensure the accurate processing of accounts payables for the facility.
a. Ensure that all accounts payables are processed within facility guidelines.
b. Ensure that invoices are coded correctly and consistently based on UHS GL accounts.
c. Complete and print regular reports for CFO.
d. Review all purchase orders for appropriate signatures, and process in a timely fashion.
e. Match all invoices with their respective purchase orders and receiving reports, ensuring that all invoices are received and the calculated amounts are current.
f. Ensure invoices are entered in the Accounts Payable System before AP month-end close.
g. Reconcile vendor statements.
9. Balance accounts payable check register and print cash disbursement when checks are printed or manual checks are entered.
10. Maintain organized and methodical filing system on all accounts payable documentation.
11. Prepare appropriate accounts payable reports on a timely basis and as requested.
12. Enter monthly accounts payable accruals.
13. Ensure the confidentiality of employee, physician and vendor information.
14. Complete a variety of clerical projects as assigned.